In a post to Huffpost’s The Blog, writer Karen Fleshman lays it on the line and tells Hillary Clinton EXACTLY what she needs to do in order to win the 2016 Presidential Election.
Imagining a scary world where Donald Trump is the next President of the United States, Fleshman tells Clinton how important it is that she, as a woman, win the election. She outlines a number of things Clinton is doing wrong, including playing it safe and touting her policy positions and qualifications. In Fleshman’s words, Hillary needs to “let her freak flag fly.”
According to Fleshman, Hillary should,
- Listen to Beyonce’s Run The World (Girls) song EVERY morning
- Be ‘a badass’
- Lose the Pottery Barn background and pose in front of a taco truck
- Cultivate Black Lives Matter, the LGBTQ community, the justice reform movement and the reproductive reform movement
- Come out hard in favor of gun control and mental health care
- Create a website where everyone Donald Trump wants us to hate can gather
- Contact musicians (Shaggy, Pitbull, etc.) and have them write a catchy song
- Sign on Millennial, Latino and women celebrities
- Engage on Facebook, Twitter, etc for massive get-out-the-vote mobilization
- Last but not least, have FUN — people support people who have fun!
Wonder if Hillary will take any of the writer’s advice?
Featured image courtesy of nationofchange.org.