On January 20th, 1993, Chelsea Clinton moved into the White House just shy of her thirteenth birthday. Though she was born into what is undeniably privilege, Chelsea made an immediate impression on Secret Service agents, who gave her the code-name “Energy.”
Her parents did all they could to ensure that what remained of her childhood would be as normal as possible. They attempted to put her in public school, but the press made it impossible to ensure her safety and privacy.
The Clintons made an agreement with the press to keep Chelsea “off-limits,” which only lasted until Rush Limbaugh took a jab at her appearance. Chelsea, like most 13 year olds, went through an awkward phase that the despicable likes of Limbaugh couldn’t help but criticize.
Chelsea Clinton has since moved on, and after many years of bettering herself through higher education, has blossomed into an incredibly intelligent, successful and beautiful woman.
In essence, she is everything the GOP and their base hates. According to the troglodytes in the Republican party, beautiful women should wear swimsuits or don mini-skirts and host for Fox News, intelligent women don’t exist and successful women are simply those who marry successful men.
It comes as no surprise that in the time leading up to the 2016 Presidential election that the right-wing nut jobs would pull out the propaganda mill and attack Chelsea, hoping any kind of attack on a Clinton will trickle down to her mother.
This meme, posted on the hate page “Hillary Clinton’s Crab Lice,” shows just how low the right will go to discredit someone who, through her own personal achievements and hard work, is poised to make an actual difference for the world in which she lives.
Without anything of substance to attack Chelsea Clinton on, this pile of putrid perversion would have to suffice. Here’s the problem, wingnuts: There’s these little things called facts that you like to ignore that make this meme look as dumb as the people who liked and shared it.
- Chelsea’s intelligence shone early in her life. She skipped the third grade.
- She was a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist in 1997 at 17.
- In 2001 she graduated from Stanford University with highest honors and a B.A. in history.
- Opting not to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship, she was accepted to Oxford University for graduate studies, one of the most prestigious colleges in the world. Lord Butler of Brockwell, the Master of University College, said: “Her record at Stanford shows that she is a very well-qualified and able student.”
- She earned a Masters in Philosophy in International Relations from Oxford in 2003.
- In 2011, she began Doctorate studies at Oxford and earned that degree in May of 2014.
- She also earned a Masters in Public Health from Columbia University in 2010 and began teaching graduate classes there in 2012.
- Assistant Vice-Provost for the Global Network University of New York University, working on international recruitment strategies. She is the co-founder of the Of Many Institute for Multifaith Leadership at NYU and serves as its co-chair. In 2012, Clinton received an award from the Temple of Understanding for her “work in advancing a new model of integrating interfaith and cross-cultural education into campus life.
Such a horrible woman, isn’t she?
A popular conservative mantra is that low-wage earners deserve what they get because they never “bettered themselves,” but when someone like Chelsea Clinton does just that, graduates from some of the finest institutions in the world with two masters degrees and a doctorate, she gets paid for “doing nothing.”
As for having no “real experience,” Chelsea Clinton has never sat idle. In 2003, straight out of college, she was hired by the consulting firm McKinsey & Company in New York City, moving on to work for Avenue Capital Group in the fall of 2006. She served as co-chairperson for a fund-raising week for the Clinton Foundation, and subsequently became Vice Chairwoman for the foundation. She serves on the board of the School of American Ballet[and on interactive Corp’s board of directors.
More recently she was hired by NBC News as a special correspondent.
The accusation that she rides her parents’ coat tails is nothing short of preposterous. The GOP is allowed to be upset that yet another Democrat is smarter than three-states worth of their base combined, but trying to discredit her in this way will surely backfire.