The last time someone made a claim about how edumacated Sarah Palin is, it turned into a shootout between her and President Obama. Needless to say, the president came out on top by a mile. This time, the claim doesn’t come from some Teabilly conservative page, it comes from Palin herself.
In a sorry effort to defend herself from the snickering of millions over the prospect of her and Bill Nye in a debate over climate change, The Hill reports that Sarah Palin has declared herself every bit the scientist that Bill Nye is. She says he’s just a children’s TV show host and that using his influence to teach children the “hoax” of climate change is dangerous and irresponsible. Yes, you read that right…Sarah Palin said she’s as much a scientist as Bill Nye.
That’s not really difficult to believe, considering she’s an idiot. She’s been chosen as an expert panelist on the subject who will debate nothing and offer nothing other than “climate change sure isn’t stopping it from snowing in Alaska. You betcha.” Is Sarah Palin comparable to Bill Nye when it comes to how “sciency” she is? Let’s let the facts speak for themselves.
- Attended the highly selective Sidwell Friends private high school in Bethesda, Maryland on a partial scholarship -1973
- Graduated Cornell University with a degree in mechanical engineering -1977
- Studied astronomy at Cornell under Carl Sagan.
- Returns to Cornell occasionally as a guest lecturer.
- University Of Hawaii – 1982 – One semester
- Hawaii Pacific University – 1982 – One semester
- North Idaho College- 1983 – Spring and fall semesters
- University of Idaho – 1984 – One academic year
- Matanuska-Susitna College – One semester
- University of Idaho (again) – 1986 – B.S. Journalism
- After five years of bouncing around and making no significant impact on anyone, with the exception of a classmate she once prayed for, a North Idaho College instructor discovered by accident he had taught Palin in a government class after checking his grade books. Nobody else seems to care.
- Began his career at Boeing in Seattle where he developed a hydraulic pressure resonance suppressor for the 747.
- Worked for several years as an expert and consultant in the aeronautics industry.
- Has since enjoyed a successful career teaching children and adults alike the wonders and mysteries of science as Bill Nye The Science Guy.
- Lends his voice to several Disney World science attractions.
- Considered an expert in the field of climate change science, Nye has appeared as a guest of everyone from Larry King to President Obama.
- Sportscaster for KTUU TV Anchorage
- Helped her husband with his fishing business for a while
- Wasilla, Alaska City Council, 1992
- 2-term Mayor of Wasilla, 1998-2002
- Lost a bunch of races, came in second for some nominations
- Appointed to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Governor of Alaska from 2006-2008 (quit after half a term)
- Made herself a laughing-stock as Republican Vice-Presidential nominee in 2008
- While her time as Governor of Alaska was a fiscal disaster for everyone who earned less than $300,000 a year, she gained valuable foreign policy experience because an island off the coast had a view of Russia on clear days.
- Science is the key to our future, and if you don’t believe in science, then you’re holding everybody back.
- There’s nothing I believe in more strongly than getting young people interested in science and engineering, for a better tomorrow, for all humankind.
- Science is the best idea humans have ever had. The more people who embrace that idea, the better.
- [Paul Revere] who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin’ sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed.
- The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.
- But obviously, we’ve got to stand with our North Korean allies.
Now consider who you want to get your science from. Is Bill Nye a “scientist?” That depends on your definition. One could argue that a simple switch to a white lab coat and a research grant would turn Nye instantly into the traditional role of a scientist while the same thing would turn Palin into someone who looks like she robbed the linen closet at a hospital in a poorly written episode of Three’s Company.
The bottom line is that Sarah Palin has been and always will be nothing but a dolt who got lucky when the RNC in all their wisdom decided John McCain needed a young, vibrant woman to breathe life into his flailing campaign. The endeavor failed and an imbecile was unleashed on America. Luckily we have people like the beloved Bill Nye to help make sense of it all.
Featured image via IYON file photo/Getty Images