WATCH: ‘Responsible’ Gun Owner’s Dog Ate Live Ammo – And Lived (VIDEO)

On an almost daily basis, it seems, we see reports of gun owners leaving their guns around for children to find. We’ve even heard of dogs shooting their owner (and claiming it was accidental).

This Arkansas dog owner didn’t leave his gun around, that we know of, but he left live rounds of ammo for his half Belgian Malinois, half goat to eat – and eat he did, 23 rounds to be exact.

Because this is ‘Merika and Arkansas to boot, no one, including owner Larry “Sonny” Brassfield, his wife, or anyone in the veterinarian’s office reacted with “Oh, my God, I can’t believe you left live rounds of ammo within the reach of a dog who has eaten:

  • Stuffed animals
  • Rubber Toys
  • Coins
  • 8-by-8-inch square pieces of cloth
  • Styrofoam peanuts
  • Cheese wrappers
  • Rocks
  • Paper
  • Wax paper
  • Aluminum foil
  • Shirts
  • Socks
  • Underwear
  • Bra
  • Tennis shoes
  • Rope
  • Nylon straps
  • Weed eater string
  • Gasoline-soaked lawn mower air filter
  • Blankets
  • Marbles
  • Plastic bag
  • Quilt batting
  • Sewing straight pins
  • Plastic soda bottle
  • Magnets
  • Bottle lids swallowed whole
  • Television remote
  • Loaf of bread (wrapper included)
  • Broken glass
  • Chicken legs (swallowed whole)
  • Nylon hairbrush
  • LEGOs
  • Travel size bottle of lotion
  • Baseboards
  • Drywall (just randomly ate a piece of wall)!”

No, we are a country that loves dogs, but we love guns even more, so the fact that poor Benno had to endure two hours of emergency surgery makes for one of the funniest stories hear round those parts.

“There were lots of jokes being told during the surgery,” said (Dr. Sarah) Sexton, smiling at the memory. “He could have gone up in smoke, could have gone out with a bang. Oh, there were lots of jokes.”

Now, to be fair, the ammo was non-toxic, and Benno did live to eat more household items.

Here’s the video:

Featured image via video screenshot.

    Terms of Service

    Leave a Reply